To follow up on the birthday festivities, Robert and I were invited by our friends John and Kristin to attend the Tavistock Golf Tournament held at Lake Nona Country Club in Orlando, FL. Kristin's dad works for the Country Club and was able to get us ground access passes. This is a very private tournament for members only, played between 4 different clubs: Lake Nona, Isleworth, Albany and Queenwood. More information about the event can be found here.
To maximize our fun, we headed up a day early and rented a hotel room. Sometimes, it's just great to get out away from home. We enjoyed a nice relaxing dinner after arriving at the hotel and lounged out by the pool before we were ran off by a crazy raccoon.
To start the day of the tournament off right, we enjoyed a most delicious complimentary breakfast spread.
Two of the clubs arrived via helicopter.
They land on the 18th fairway. Afterward, you can walk up and check out the inside of the choppers. To note, Robert and I don't always go out matching each other. It's encouraged you wear the colors of the club you are supporting. Lake Nona is royal blue.
Let the play begin! Below is Bubba Watson, the new Master's Champion, walking from his chopper.
Tiger Woods and Justin Rose at the driving range getting ready for the day:
The crowd at tee box #1:
Adam Scott:
Graeme McDowell:
Ernie Els:
Robert loved all the food. The buffet was so gooooooooodd! He couldn't get enough lobster and he made sure he picked the largest crab claw he could find.
We really enjoyed spending the day with our friends watching golf, eating, catching some sun and listening to the fun commentary. For my first golf tournament, I really enjoyed it! I liked the fact that you could get so close to each of the players. They would interact with you and you could walk the fairway with them. Tom Lewis even gave me a golf ball.

In other news, for those interested, I have finally made an appearance back out on the golf course. I played for the first time since August, of last year, last Saturday on a small course with Robert. I had quite the success with my clubs and swing (minus the driver), I will not be using the driver any time soon. I still think I need a little more time to heal and perfect the swing before trying that again.
3 comments:
Wow! What a fun experience! How cool that you were able to be there! And I want to know more about that crazy raccoon....that sounds like a story! :)
I know nothing about golf, but that looks like it was pretty sweet!
um, are you guys celebrities?! ;-)
Post a Comment