Sunday, May 1, 2011

Birthday Surprise!

Last weekend, Robert and I decided to surprise Kayla for her 13th birthday, so we flew up to Georgia for the big reveal! She was super surprised. My sister and her family also came down for the weekend to celebrate Easter and par-tay.
Here's the boys doing what they love to do, looking at Pokemon cards. Robert loved spending time with the kiddos and the kiddos loved uncle Robert. Every time Robert went missing, I knew where to find him.

We were super busy all weekend trying to get everything in!
We squeezed in some egg dying time.
Here we are getting in touch with our creative side. We made some really colorful eggs and tried tie-dying some as well.
Following that we were able to go see Keaton's soccer game. Right when we pulled up, he put a goal in from half field! He was a super star, he ended up scoring 2 goals for his team that day. Go Keaton!
After his game, we drove over to a different field to go and watch Kayla's game. Unfortunately, it was a really hot afternoon by the time we made it to Kayla's game. She looked great in her uniform, but her team wasn't able to pull out the big W. It was a fun game to watch against their rival team, Spirit, who is number one in the league.
We rushed home, changed our clothes and headed up to the ATL for dinner at Maggiano's to celebrate Kayla's birthday and eat some dinner before we went to the Atlanta, Georgia Temple open house.
We got the birthday dessert just in time before leaving. Of course, we were running a bit late for everything that night, so we sung happy birthday to Kayla as we were leaving the restaurant.
The boys kept themselves entertained playing Angry Birds during dinner.
Dinner with great friends and family. Yum, yum!
We made it! The Atlanta Temple has been closed for almost 2 years while they renovated it inside. Luckily for us, we were able to hit the last weekend they were holding the open house for tours through the temple before it was rededicated tonight.
It was a great experience, and I am so grateful for the knowledge I have and the blessing of eternal families.

After a busy night out, the Easter Bunny came a bit too early for the adults, but the kids didn't seem to mind. They were excited to find all the treats the Easter Bunny left them.
Afterwards, let the egg hunt commence...
Bringing up the rear...
Happy Easter!
After going to church and enjoying all the fun Easter festivities, we had a deliciously dinner prepared by Lori. Of course, we capped it all off with another party for Kayla.

What else would we do?
It was a fabulous trip spent with some of my favorite people. I'm glad my sister and I both had the feeling that we should spend our Easter weekend in Georgia with my brother's family. It was a blast and well worth the trip. Now Robert has to kick it in high gear as he tries to prepare for his finals this week. Thanks babe for letting me distract you a few times during your reading period.
Trip Highlights (not mentioned above):
* Texas Roadhouse, need I say more?
* Going to Kroger to get Kayla her large oversized balloon and seeing the look on Jason's face when I brought it out of the store. :)
* Random shopping excursion to Old Navy right before the store closed to use a coupon that didn't end up working. lol
* Friday night we spent playing horse in the driveway, drawing on the sidewalk, roasting s'mores in the backyard, jumping on the trampoline, playing ping pong, and laughing a lot.
* Tennis - I was able to demo two new rackets. Still trying to find a racket I like. Jason, Kayla, Robert, and I were able to get in two hours!
* Kayla's lovely gift for Robert on the tennis court. "Excuse me, do you mind if I..." haha!
* Robert, Ben, and Jason playing some intense Xbox FIFA Soccer games, while the rest of us played Xbox connect.
* Mama T sent us all an Easter package, which was so nice and thoughtful. We love Mama T.
* Cookie dough and Grease 2 date with Kayla the night before I left.
* And last, but not least, the "whippoorwill"

3 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for coming guys!! We loved having everyone here. Hopefully Robert got in enough studying!

Heidi gail walls said...

Looks like alot of fun!!! Happy Belated Birthday Kayla!

Lori said...

What a awesome weekend ya'll had...wish I could have been there..what a great surprise for Kayla..who did her hair in braids at her soccer game? Loved the picture at the Temple and all the pictures..it was great finally catching up on your blog...loved everything! Mama T