Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Feast

After our wonderful and magical trip to Disney’s Magic Kingdom on Friday, we were able to spend the next two days watching General Conference (http://lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2011/04?lang=eng). Before the first session on Saturday, we made a large yummy breakfast to enjoy. I love General Conference weekend because I am able to forget about all of life's stresses and responsibilities while I feast on uplifting and relevant counsel from inspired men and women of God. To summarize a friend, it never ceases to amaze me how happy and energized I feel after conference. I feel empowered, humbled, rededicated, loved, grateful, and blessed.

Here are a few thoughts/impressions I learned from this past weekend:

1. The greatest joy we receive in this life comes through following the Savior.

2. Children can teach us so much about faith, forgiveness, love, and testimony.

3. We need to be service minded and find opportunities to do good. It really is better to give than to receive. Service and consecration refine us and draw us nearer to our Savior.

4. No sacrifice is too great to receive the blessings of the temple.

5. You can tell a lot about a girl from her purse. :)

6. Those who diligently seek to learn of Christ eventually will come to know Him.

7. Each of our temples is an expression of our testimony that life beyond the grave is as real and as certain as is our life here.

8. The Church Welfare Program is truly miraculous.

9. The husband is the head and the wife the heart of the home.

10. I am not fighting life's battles alone.

11. My future is as bright as my faith.

12. We can always ask God for truth.

13. Desires -> Priorities -> Choices -> Actions

14. Actions + Desires = Who I become

15. Charity begins at home with the "Golden Rule."

16. The heavens are open and God speaks to prophets and apostles.

17. I need to be someone the Lord can rely on. God meets His children's needs through us.

18. We can't have growth without challenges.

19. The pure love of Christ is selfless service.

20. The Gospel is simple. Focus on those things that matter most.

21. We need to keep the Sabbath day holy

23. Marriage = Happiness

24. Expressions of love and simple heart-felt gifts are always important.

25. Righteous love is the base of an eternal marriage.

26. Christ can make us holy if we have an attitude to willingly accept and seek correction.

27. You don't need more money to pay tithing...you need more faith.

28. The atonement truly is a miracle that allows us to put mistakes of the past behind us.

29. Love one another.

30. Christ lives and He directs His church. The Church is True!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

GREAT Re-cap JoAnna!!! I loved hearing your testimony!

Laura said...

Thanks! This was great to read and remember the talks...love conference!

Heidi gail walls said...

I Love your re-cap.. good things to live by.

Jeff said...

Amen sister! Each of those points have rich meaning and truth. Laura and I loved Conference weekend and what a wonderful recap.