Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Where did July go?

Before I knew it, July was over. We arrived back from Utah just in time for the busiest month for church youth activities. We had youth conference, busy mutual nights (wednesday activity nights), planned and performed our Sunday program, and took a trip to the Temple. Here we are outside the temple in Orlando, FL.

It was an awesome experience to be serving my young women and helping them in the temple. It was also fun to watch all their faces light up at the sight of the temple, many of them had never been before EVER! I feel so spoiled for having grown up in such a great ward when I was a youth and especially thankful to all of my amazing leaders. It is through their example, that I am even able to survive this calling. It is my first time in the Young Women's Program as a leader not a youth. Even though it keeps me super busy, which is a good thing most of the time, I am really enjoying serving as Young Women's President here in our branch. It is has truly been a blessing, and I hope that I can give back what my leaders gave to me. I love watching the girls progress. It can be a challenge at times, but we are making some right steps in the right direction. I think I may even have convinced a few of my girls to even take their nose rings out, among other things. ;)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That is such a sweet blog post and yes, I'm just checking this. I'm not sure where the months of Jan.- Aug. went honestly!!!!!!!! :) Anyway, so cool that you took those youth to the temple! That is so thoughtful of you to share that experience with them. I'm sure it will be an experience that they never will forget. I'm sure that you are an AMAZING leader who loves & serves so well! They are sure lucky to have you! Keep up the good work!

Lori said...

JoAnna, your doing such a fabulous job at YW PRESIDENT and I'm so proud of you...keep planting those seeds...they will pay off. Your a wonderful leader.