August marks our one year mark of living in Florida. I can't believe it has already been a year since we moved here. It is bittersweet because on the one hand I feel more comfortable now with the area I live in, the friends I have made, but I am super sad because this means my 3 year vacation is already one year down. I try not to think about when we will have to move out of our apartment. It has been awesome living here so far. I hope the next two years slow down and are better than the first. It's hard to believe Robert will be finished with school in two years and then another adventure will be awaiting us.
Recap of our first year in Florida:

* Robert started his first year of law school at Stetson University College of Law
~ I started my new position at work - working from home
* Attended lots of Stetson student socials, so we could meet new friends
~ Experienced what church is like in a small branch
* Learned the directions and hot spots of our new area (still a work in progress)
~ Went to Busch Gardens, Sea World, Disney World, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios
* Enjoyed our balcony view watching the dolphins, manatees, sting rays, birds, storms off the coast, boaters, beautiful sunsets, and night time views. This is my favorite place to read a book.
~ Enjoyed going to the Stetson Intramural softball games to watch Robert and hang out with friends.
* Played beach volleyball with friends from Stetson
~ Entertained lots of visitors: (Jenny & Tyler, Jason, Lori & family, Austin, Spencer & Hayley, Chris - Robert's dad, my dad & Kristi)
* Went to lots of Rays baseball games
~ Went to the Orlando Temple for the first time and I was able to see two friends get married there (Brett and Amy), as the Atlanta Temple is closed for remodeling.
* Went swimming year-round
~ Spent lots of time on the beach playing, strolling, exercising, and laying out.
* Watched the cruise boats sail out each week
~ Went to Ft. De Soto
* We took a boat ride out into the gulf on a friend's boat
~ Saw my first professional tennis event
* Played lots of golf
~ Enjoyed decorating a new place and much more
We definitely had a busy first year and enjoyed our new adventure. We are very happy that we picked to come to school here. Round two here we come!
3 comments:
I don't blame you for being a little sad at the thought of moving from your apartment. Your view is amazing and it would be hard to top that. When does Robert start back to school?
Wow...has it really already been a year. I don't blame you for wanting everything to slow down a bit, time flies too fast, plus it sounds like your place is amazing. We need to come visit you soon. We miss you guys!
Awesome re-cap! You guys have done a lot and hope you enjoy the next 2 years! It will be sad to leave your beautiful view- it's like being on vacation everyday for sure! Can't wait to come visit again!
Post a Comment