
I love Easter time, where everything seems to be in full bloom and the songs of birds can be heard. Easter was always a fun tradition growing up, where we would go to the farm to hunt for Easter Eggs with my family. My Grandma Whitehead always made sure we had the best Easter possible. She was a very special lady who always knew how to have fun and celebrate.
Now, I try to continue some of those same traditions, as well as, spend more time reflecting on the true meaning of Easter, Christ's resurrection. I am really excited for this Easter for many reasons, but one is that my brother Jason and his family are coming to visit us! We are really excited for them to come check out our new place and spend time playing at the beach with them. They will be here tonight!
Pictures of course will follow later, but for now, I will leave with an Easter thought...
He is risen! He is risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days’ prison;
Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free.
Christ has won the victory.
He is risen! He is risen!
He hath opened heaven’s gate.
We are free from sin’s dark prison,
Risen to a holier state.
And a brighter Easter beam
On our longing eyes shall stream.
He is risen! He is risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days’ prison;
Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free.
Christ has won the victory.
He is risen! He is risen!
He hath opened heaven’s gate.
We are free from sin’s dark prison,
Risen to a holier state.
And a brighter Easter beam
On our longing eyes shall stream.
"He Is Risen!,” Hymns of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, no. 199
I am so grateful to know that Christ did rise again on that third day. It truly is a reason to celebrate and rejoice!The bands of death have been broken, and we can return to live with our Father in Heaven once again.
3 comments:
Happy Easter to you as well. I always look forward to your posts. I will look forward to pictures as well. Happy Easter!
Great testimony Jo- thanks for sharing it! Can't wait to see pictures of what you & Jason were up to!
Thanks for the nice easter message JoAnna..that was really nice...how is your new calling going?? Easter is truly a wonderful time of year with spring & everything...I just hope that spring will come to Utah soon!!!
Post a Comment