Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"It's a Charity Event"

Monday night, we went to the Tampa Tennis Classic that benefits Jim Courier's foundation. It was part of my birthday present from Robert. The below pictures/video are the only shots I was able to get as my camera's batteries died! I had no idea I was running low on battery power, and as luck would have it there was not a single place in the arena to buy batteries. I was just lucky enough to get these, so enjoy them!

Jim Courier who played a charity doubles match with some local kids and Rennae Stubbs.

Victoria Azarenka who played against Vera Zvonareva

The grand finale, James Blake vs. Andy Roddick.
So, I was able to snatch one video before my camera really went dead, but of course...

the one chance I got, Andy missed his serve! Ugh. Oh well, it was a lot of fun to watch his serve live. It is amazing how hard it comes. One of the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey players tried to return his serve wearing a helmet and cup. It was hilarious.
It was a fun night out and our first time ever watching pro tennis players live in action. I am definitely hooked, so I hope to attend a tournament in the near future. Thank you for the wonderful birthday present Robert!

2 comments:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Sounds like a blast!!

Jenny said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun- so fun to get out!