We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! My two brothers and their families came to spend the weekend with us playing and coming to Dawson's blessing. It was my brother Jeff's first time at our place and they made a huge effort in getting here as they traveled from Seattle with two girls under two. Whew! They made it though and Annabelle welcomed Jeff with open arms and cuddles. She climbed right up and made herself comfortable on his first night here.
We spent lots of time catching up and even got to cheer on the Cougars as it was opening weekend for college football.
Brielle loved Dawson. She was always checking on him and bringing him toys. So sweet!
The first morning of Jeff and Laura's stay we went to a children's museum for the girls to play around while we waited for Jason and Lori and family to arrive from their drive down from Georgia.
Jason and Lori joined us on Friday afternoon after a long drive, so we took it easy and relaxed a bit before we headed to a splash park for some fun.
Except when we got there all three girls were asleep! Haha.
They were worn out from all the fun and play earlier that day. Dawson was wide awake though!
They soon woke up and began exploring!
It was a hot day as usual here in Florida, but our guests were not as use to the elements. Thus you would find them wanting to play in the water too in order to cool off. See example below. ;)
Before heading home, we went out on the boardwalk and watched big alligators swimming in the water. After the splash park, we grabbed some pizza and watched some BYU football.
Here's Annabelle having fun with her cousins before bedtime.
Here's Annabelle having fun with her cousins before bedtime.
Sharing snacks together.
Lori loves her baby snuggles. Dawson was well taken care of with all the baby holders in town.
The girls loved having their boy cousins around to play with.
Keaton and Kaden were so good to them and created fun games like horse rides and chases around the house.
On Saturday, we headed out to the beach. We found a nice shady spot and set up camp for the afternoon.
Kayla helped tend the little ones. She love spending time with Rosalyn.
Baby flip flops! Dawson's first of many pairs.
Dawson lounged out under the shaded tent, the girls ran around, the boys threw the ball Grandma Tolsma sent, there was sand building and many splashes in the waves.
There may have been some eating of sea shells as well...
What?! Not me...I'm too cute to eat sea shells and yes I do wear jewelry to the beach.
Annabelle was not the only one that did some "dressing up." We had some good ol' fashion Tolsma silly moments too. Maybe too much sun? Who knows. :)
All I can say was that it was a perfect day for some relaxing at the beach with some of the best people I know.
After coming home and cleaning up we went out for seafood that night for dinner. It was delicious and it rained (I mean poured) while we were eating.
When we started to head out to our cars we realized the parking lot was flooded. Robert had to "swim" to the passenger side door of our car and get in through there in order to drive and pick us up at a higher spot that was less flooded. Nevertheless, we made it home safely and had a great night resting up before the big day on Sunday. Well, at least Dawson did. I was busy prepping all the food and decor.
Super woman Laura mustered up some energy after taking care of two girls all weekend to still find time to hold little Dawson and help me put together the room where we held the post blessing party.
Sweet snuggles.
Sunday was Dawson's blessing, which I'll post about in a separate post. It was the last night with everyone together. I wish we had more time. However, before we officially ended the Labor Day weekend fun we had to play some Just Dance as a family and have a few dance offs to send everyone home with a good laugh.
Don't worry Lori, I only posted a picture. ;) BUT I am posting the best dance off that occurred that night. Enjoy!
My sentiments exactly Kaden.
Early the next morning on Monday Robert drove Jeff and Laura to the airport for their long journey back home. We went back to the beach one last time and enjoyed snow cones from our favorite snow cone place with Jason and Lori before they drove back home.
THE END! :D






4 comments:
This post still has me smiling. It was a terrific trip and great time. You were great hosts and that dance video makes me laugh. I've lost some of my mojo I used to have when I was younger. ;-)
What a great recap about such a fun trip!! We had such a great time!! I think the pictures show just how happy we all were to be together and the fun moments. Now I just need to copy and paste this to my blog. :)
Ha Ha ! you would have been in trouble if you had posted that video of me dancing! we had a great time! I'm sure we wore you out Jo! that's a lot of company with a new born baby. Thanks for having us, it was so fun to see the little ones together and how they interacted with everyone. love you all!
Post a Comment