To start, we welcomed home our newest family member.
I made a sign for the door, which helped all of those inquiring minds on our floor know of his arrival.
Annabelle became reacquainted with her brother and started to realize that he would become a permanent part of our lives. She has been very loving and sweet to him - sometimes too sweet.
Dawson received his first bath.
He enjoyed it and was very content. We might have another water baby on our hands.
Annabelle made sure all of Dawson's "equipment" was well tested.
She suddenly became interested in the pacifier again, but realized she still prefers her thumb.
Dawson found her tactics embarrassing for a girl of her age.
Thankfully, coming home was not as stressful as I thought it would be. Robert's parents were with us those first few days to help out around the house and mainly make sure Annabelle was well taken care of. I don't think she hardly noticed that there was a new baby with all of the fun she was having at the splash park.
Here favorite thing to do is swing.
Teri and Chris were such a big help, especially since I had a difficult recovery those first few weeks and was unable to pick up Annabelle. I was very appreciative that she was able to get lots of love and attention when we were busy taking care of Dawson and I focused on healing. It made the transition a lot smoother than I expected.
Soon after they left, Robert returned to work and my mom arrived in town to help.
It was so nice having her here, she did so much to help out around the house, making sure both kiddos were well taken care of. She changed lots of diapers! Good thing for moms. During her visit we took Dawson's newborn photos. My perfect sleeper was awake for his photo shoot! I could not believe it, but luckily his photos still turned out cute even though he would not sleep, thus making it hard to position him for shots.
I call this the "Love Boat" shot.
After a few days into my mom's visit, I was starting to feel more mobile, so we took a few strolls outside to get some fresh air and feed the ducks.
Grandma and Annabelle explored cool old trees together.
We made it out to a children's museum.
It was nice to just rest while Annabelle kept my mom busy running around from exhibit to exhibit.
We even made it out to the beach, taking Dawson for his first visit.
Florida babies.
Annabelle loves the beach.
It was a beautiful sunset and perfect night. The beach always picks up my spirits.
One of Annabelle's favorite things to do while Grandma was here was have her "piggy's" wiggled. She kept making her recite it over and over.
Dawson loved hanging out with Grandma as well. He liked to listen to her talk to him.
Sadly, the day came for my mom to return home and we were left to navigate things on our own.
My days lately consist of playing defense against Annabelle as she tries to get Dawson wherever he is. I cannot find a high enough spot to put him.
After surviving a few weeks on our own, Robert's parents came back down and took Annabelle to Disney World for an entire weekend, which gave us a chance to catch up on some projects and enjoy a quiet dinner out.
She had a blast! Meanwhile, it felt great to get a project off my to-do list that I've been wanting to get done for awhile now.
Robert and I enjoyed a great dinner at Bonefish. We almost did not know what to do with all of the quiet time. We actually got to savor my food.
My other date.
Dawson made his first appearance at church.
We returned to the beach.
I love his smiles, he has been such a sweet baby. We're so fortunate to have him.
She's one lucky girl, don't you think? That is what I call a perfect playground.
Another perfect night.
Dawson got to meet his Great Granparents. They were not able to come to the hospital like last time because Lo just underwent back surgery. We are thankful for modern medicine!
She was very happy we stopped by and she's working hard to make a good recovery.
She was very happy we stopped by and she's working hard to make a good recovery.
The three generations of Robert's.
The novelty of Dawson has not worn off yet for Annabelle. She is a little mother hen and loves to hold him every chance she can get.
My little helper.
I slimmed down in the 6 weeks post birth and could once again reach my toes, so I gave them a much needed fresh coat of paint. I also decided it would be fun to paint Annabelle's toes for the first time. We had a fun time being girly together.
We went for a few late night strolls to downtown St. Pete where Annabelle likes walking her dog, Spot, while we eat gelato.
Annabelle is still rear facing in the car and enjoys wearing her sunglasses around town.
She has picked up photography and become very skilled at using the iPhone. First documented selfie.
She appears to like abstract art as well.
These are the type of images I find all over my phone.
We started using the pool again. It was closed for awhile and then with Dawson's birth we missed a lot of swim time this summer. Dawson enjoys being poolside and I've officially been cleared to swim again, so next time I'll be in the water instead of on the sideline.
During the past 6 weeks I struggled with typical post delivery issues as well as two infections with a fever of 103 during one. Blah, not fun! Just when I'd start to regain strength and feel better something would pop up to set me back looking like this.
Luckily, Robert is the best and would take Annabelle out for Daddy-daughter dates, so I could get some rest and quiet time.

I'm feeling better these days (knock on wood) and starting to return to doing normal things and exercise. Hopefully, this means I will get back in shape soon.
Dawson likes Annabelle for the most part, but he's a little leery due to some "incidents" of scratching, etc. I think they're going to be great pals though once he can hold his own.
Robert took part in the ALS ice bucket challenge at work. His company donated money for each person that participated.
Apparently, it is also cool to show up to a golf tournament for work dressed exactly like your teammate and coworker. Umm...awkward. Ha!
We signed Annabelle up for gymnastics. She loves it. I thought it would tire her out and help her get out some energy, but she comes home so revved up and turns our place into her personal gym. Every Tuesday has become Crazy Tuesday post gym class at our house.
She's a cutie though and we love her so much. I feel like in the past 6 weeks she has turned another corner and is starting to look more like a little girl instead of my little baby waddling around. Sad!
Time really does fly by. People ask how I am doing while not working anymore. I have felt very positive about my decision, and it has been a nice break for me. Part of it feels like I am on a personal maternity leave. However, my future feels very unknown to me at the moment, but I am looking forward to figuring out what the next chapter holds for me personally and getting to spend time with my babies in the meantime.
I wouldn't miss it.
This is an awesome rainbow just outside my window over the bay. It is actually the closest I have ever been to a rainbow. I felt like it was a smile from up above telling me everything is going to be alright. I'll figure it out.


































4 comments:
I am glad you have had great support so you can get healed up! Dawson is too cute! Congrats again, Jo!
Nice post!
Great post
Ha ha Jeff posted on my account.., but I agree, nice post! There's so much to comment on. I love all the pictures..AB looks like a 2 year old in the picture of her playing in the water on your balcony! She's such a cutie!!! I'm glad you had some help post-partum and got some time to heal. That picture of AB climbing the crib to get to Dawson cracks me up!! I don't know what you are going to do! I want to see more pictures of his newborn photo shoot. I hope you'll do a post with some, or share them with me somehow. :)
Post a Comment