Monday, June 30, 2014

Latest Happenings

Well we're almost there...we should be welcoming the next little munchkin anytime now. We've been busy prepping and getting things ready in order to make it to the hospital and bring him home. My biggest excitement has been purchasing our new stroller. Sadly, a stroller purchase these days does make me happy, haha! I've officially hit parenthood when silly things like this make my day, but it's true - we LOVE our new City Select Stroller! We're so happy we spent the extra money and got a snazzy double stroller that I think is going to work great and be a perfect fit for our growing family.
In the meantime while we wait for our little guy to get here, we have been busy doing some other fun things like:
Learning how awesome stickers are.
 Discovering a cookie's best friend -- milk, of course. Annabelle now loves to dunk her cookies in milk and food in ketchup. We have cookie dates. 
 Annabelle made the transition awhile back to her new car seat and has been doing well with it. We had to make room for little brother. At first she did not want to move, but after some time of keeping it in the car next to her she just made the switch with no problem.
We have also graduated to super cool (parent mobile) shopping carts. It was hilarious that the first time we used the BIG cart, we ran into an old law school friend. He had a good time razzing us. Annabelle likes them and we are more successful at keeping her in the cart - although she still would rather run around the store causing chaos.

We celebrated Father's Day with a trip to the Tampa Lowry Park Zoo!
 
 It was a very warm day, but we found little air-conditioned nooks inside where we could still watch the animals.
 Annabelle loved petting the goats.
 The splash zone was probably her favorite part of the whole day. Don't mind her topless photo, we weren't prepared with a swimsuit.
She loved stealing Daddy's coveted Dippin' Dots in between splashes.
 Water baby! 
Daddy and his girl - showing her the stingrays.
 It was a fun Father's Day! I'm not sure who enjoyed it more. ;)
 This is how a truly fun day ends. She made it the whole day and as soon as we were leaving she konked right out.
 I felt like doing the same. I think I deserved a gold star for walking an entire zoo in the middle of a Florida summer while pregnant. I've never felt so tired.
 Here we all are leaving the Zoo! 
In other updates, Annabelle still loves to read.
 We have introduced the potty so that she can become familiar with the concept. She loves to sit in it.
 In the evenings we like to watch the storms roll in and catch glimpses of rainbows.
 Since I stopped working, we have gotten a children's museum membership, so we have been spending lots of time at Great Explorations.
 I love it because it is an air-conditioned play ground - definitely important in the middle of summer and being 9 months pregnant. As a result, we often go to the mall play ground as well for some "outside fun."
 It's a really cute museum with all of these imaginative play stations. Annabelle loves the doggies at the vet center.
 Now that I have free time, we meet up with friends and go to open gym. 
Annabelle was in heaven at the gymnastics gym, we will be signing up for classes after baby comes.

2 comments:

Laura said...

So fun to go to the zoo! AB is turning into a little girl. Wow, you get major props for going to the zoo so pregnant! Wow, I bet you rested so well that night! Cute that AB likes the gym...I need to find one of those places near me. We hang out a lot in the mall play areas too!

Jeff said...

So cute and fun videos