Thursday, April 3, 2014

Latest Happenings

Here is an update on what we've been up to on a daily basis over the last few months.
We'll start with this cool little girl.
Annabelle loves being outside and is even starting to grow some hair. I was able to put one curler in it!
Annabelle went through an "I love my Glow Worm" stage and played with it almost every day. It was really cute to watch her interact and snuggle with (or bite) her toy that Aunt Lori and Uncle Jason bought her.
She likes to walk to and from the elevator now. Here she is on her way back from church in this picture.
She loves to play with all of her toys and puts the ABC magnets on the fridge. 
She really likes to find nooks and crannies to sit in.
Her drawer works too.
Some days she tries to be super cool like mom and help out at work. Good thing I kept my college laptop around after all this time.
Really though, she's spends most of her time while I'm working watching Baby Einstein and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
She's a whirlwind of destruction and likes to show off her skills. Just today she broke one of my glass pot lids by throwing it on the floor while I was cooking. It shattered into tiny little pieces everywhere and she clapped.
Don't worry, Annabelle the Climber is still in full force.
Unfortunately, her new favorite spot is the table, which makes life very difficult when eating or trying to do anything near the table.
We were able to visit with cousins in February when my brother and his family came to Walt Disney World. Annabelle liked snuggling and sitting in the boys' laps even if they really did not want her too. :)
Annabelle is starting to make new friends. She likes to play with other kids no matter how old they are. One of her friends is Emily.
 We're not so sure if the feeling is mutual yet, but she's warming up. 
Emily seemed to do alright once we got Annabelle to stop mauling her. :) They are 5 months apart in age. Annabelle is the older one, but Emily weighs more.
She's our little social butterfly.

Moving on...
Robert is Associate Counsel now. He is very busy at work these days and is spending more time on trademark and corporate governance issues. 
He's been enjoying his calling as Young Men's President, getting better on the grill, and continuing to be Annabelle's little playmate.
 As for me, well...I'm spending my days chasing a little critter around the house, working full time from home, and just getting bigger each day. I've reached 26 weeks in this pregnancy, which means it's almost third trimester time.
 I feel very blessed because this pregnancy has been identical to my first, which was very "boring" compared to most pregnancy standards. I like to eat, but I don't have any cravings to report. I feel well enough to bike ride and go on walks, but I definitely get tired easily and feel like a slug compared to my normal self. 
The baby is doing well and is kicking a lot, probably because his big sister is always sitting on him.
I've decided to go with a VBAC if all things go well toward the end of the pregnancy, so keep us in your prayers.
Mainly, we're all happy, healthy, and soaking up our time with Annabelle before we start our new adventure in July. 

2 comments:

*Janae* said...

Looks like the past few months have been fun for you guys! It's fun to see updates on Annabelle and your soon-to-be new little guy! :)

Jeff said...

Brielle and I loved reading this (okay she was on my lap and liked the videos) ... Annabelle is a hoot! This was a fun post!