Friday, October 26, 2012

October Visitors

The first weekend in October, we welcomed this crazy gang into our home:
 One of the must do's when this group comes to town is having a snow cone treat (or two) after a day spent at the beach. 
 We had a great weekend with Jason and his family playing games, going to the beach, relaxing, swimming at the pool, and eating out.
 One of the best highlights was renting a deck boat and taking it out into the Gulf. 
We had an awesome time laying out, munching on treats and lunch, visiting and docking at Snell Island and I don't think anyone will forget getting the boat stuck in the shallows and cheering Robert on as he would take one for the team and push us out. The best part was this one time when Robert thought he was jumping into 4 or so feet of water and let's just say it was much deeper than he expected and went straight to the bottom. We all had a good laugh at watching him resurface in utter surprise! I think he dove in with his eyes wide open.
The girls even got a night to ourselves and made some fun headbands to wear. 
 We had a great time, y'all come back now. :)

 The following weekend, Teri, Robert's mom, came down and stayed with us. She brought our crib with her. She's kept Robert and his brother Austin's crib all these years and is kind enough to let us use it for this baby girl. 
 We spent most of the weekend working hard cleaning out the office and setting up the crib.  
We really appreciated all of her help and were happy to start getting the nursery/my office ready. 
It wasn't all work though, we did have some fun. We may have gone on our first shopping spree.
I even caved and allowed Teri to buy these pair of jeans for me. LOL. I guess it's official, this belly is going to keep growing and I'm running out of pants that fit. Hello pregnancy! 
 It was a really nice weekend having Teri here to help us and spend some time with her and Robert's grandparents. Here's our crib all put together and decorated with items we have received so far. 
October has been a crazy month for us! Next stop, Georgia.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I'm sorry I missed the stuck boat adventures and making headbands. Fun! Crazy that you are on the beach in October! We gotta move to Florida...

Jenny said...

What a great weekend with Jason's family - cute pictures! And I love that your new crib is all set up and ready to go- mine still needs to come out of the attic! Hopefully this weekend! :)

Jeff said...

That trip looked awesome and renting a boat is a great idea!! ... fun to see the baby stuff going up. ;-)