To preface, I know this is a long post, so I will keep the dialogue to a minimum and let the pictures do most of the talking.
For Thanksgiving 2011 I headed to Dallas, Texas. Unfortunately by myself because Robert had to stay home to prepare for his final exams. He spent Thanksgiving at his grandparent's house with his family.
So what's in Dallas you may ask? Well, my brother Jeff and his wife Laura have been living there for the past few years, so we thought it would be a great time to officially "break the house in" Tolsma style.
This was my first trip to Texas and I happened to meet up with some other fun people that I like to call family.

Dealey Plaza or the Grassy Knoll where JFK was assassinated.
We made a pit stop to visit the Dallas Temple.

Laura had fun activities planned and ready for us to create. We are making our Thanksgiving Day pilgrim and Indian hats.
I present to you our gratitude tree. This ended up being a really fun activity that the kids and everyone enjoyed doing. It's so easy to create and it really helps you appreciate all the things you are grateful for. I think I will have to make it a tradition now.
As tradition, I made my grandma Whitehead's homemade rolls with Kayla and Keaton's help.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Take two:
What's a visit to Texas without a visit to the stockyards to see some longhorns?
The boys, with no help from the girls who watched humorously from the top, explored their way through a maze.

We didn't do it!
Grandma took Kayla and I on a carriage ride down the Fort Worth Stockyard Station streets.

My next car

It was a perfect time to visit Dallas because everything was decorated so nice for Christmas. I think it definitely enhanced all the surroundings.
Mama T bought Kaden and Keaton these get ups that they loved and played in the rest of the trip. They were hilarious.
We continued our Texas themed Thanksgiving by attending the local Fort Worth Rodeo.

Lots of concern for the cowboys on this row. The bulls had the upper hand that night - for the first round not a single cowboy made it 8 seconds.

Before the trip ended, we celebrated Kaden and Lori's birthdays!
I think it was a successful trip.
*Talking, laughing and staying up late
*Watching Tangled and Now & Then twice
*Tolsma Fat Camp
*Visiting the Fort Worth Mint (one of the two places where your money is printed)
*Football, Frisbee and backyard games
*Playing tag at the park
*Feeding the ducks
*Kaden's trick on us - telling us he dropped his large coin in the creek (I almost jumped in after for it). He really had us going, we all felt so bad.
*Going to the worst movie ever - The Muppets
*Watching an awesome movie at the theatre to make up for the last - Breaking Dawn from the Twilight series
*Movie theatre popcorn
*Standard traditions like deviled eggs, jello-salad, pineapple turkey, and grandma's rolls.
*Fort Worth Stockyards
*The Grassy Knoll
*Shopping with Laura and my mom on main street in Grapevine
*Rodeo and eating out
*Teaching Keaton to play piano
*Treasure hunting with Kaden
*Birthday celebrations
*Visiting the Dallas Temple
*Crafts
*Eating lots of candy anytime we were out on the road. Thanks for bringing your left-over Halloween candy guys!
*and many many more...



2 comments:
Love this post! So fun to look back at all the fun things we did. Come baaaack!!! :)
I Love this post as well. Looks like a blast!
Post a Comment