Right before Robert started back to school, I was given an opportunity to travel back to Utah for some work and training. I love going back to the 'ol stomping ground. It always brings back so many fun memories and I enjoy seeing friends and family.
I traveled all day Wednesday to get there by Thursday. The only good thing about traveling all day and arriving very late into the airport is that the economy car you rented may be gone by the time you arrive.
So instead, say hello to my new best friend for the next week:

It's a funny story actually, when I arrived at the window to pick up my vehicle the guys in the office said they apologized but the car I had reserved was all out, but that they had a MINI VAN for me. I responded with, "a mini van?????" with a look of all seriousness.
I mean, I may be a female, but does it look like I want to go cruising around Provo in a mini van? I think he took the hint and quickly suggested with doubting eyes that the only vehicles they had left were large SUVs. I laughed and said I would definitely take one of those instead. So, I ventured for the Yukon. Needless to say, it was a fun week.
I went back to work to train a newly hired office admin and lend some help around the office for a week or so, while in the meantime I enjoyed wonderful lunches, dinners, and activities out with co-workers. I work with really great people. I even learned how to play racquetball, there's always a first time for everything, right? I think I may need a helmet next time though because I can see myself running into a wall and doing some damage upstairs (not that I am talking from any personal experience).
In between the work week, I went up to Ogden for some family time, where I spent some time with my mom getting pampered with a mani and pedi.

Our toes and nails looked fabulous by the time we were finished.
Just in time to get all dolled up for a wedding reception. I lucked out that one of my good guy friends from back home, Brock, was holding a reception that evening.

It was great to catch up and see some of my GA friends. It always amazes me how we can go a long time without seeing each other, but pick up right where we left off. I love having good friends.

It was a great weekend visiting family and friends. I spent time with my Grandpa Whitehead, Dad, Susan, Kevin and Shari, and Grandma Tolsma.
There's nothing like sharing a quick Sunday nap together on the floor with Grandma. We spent the day together making dinner (tuna casserole), driving around town visiting places, and talking. Thanks for a great day Grandma!
After the weekend concluded, I headed back down to Provo for some more...fun?
Well, that's what it looks like...I promise I did do work.

Tiffany, a co-worker of mine, and I definitely had some fun hanging out after work. :)

This photo makes me laugh. Only Tiff and I will know why it's so funny. Tiff, I'm glad you are my friend! What can I say, girls will be girls. I was able to see a few other friends before returning home. There's never enough time to see everyone. I definitely missed some important people. Next time!
3 comments:
Jo! We keep missing each other on trips to utah, so as I have been telling Nae, let's do a reunion girls trip soon! I want to see you!
Love the ride but don't be hating on the mini vans!! You're just jealous of ours! Glad you had a good time in Utah.
Fun that you got to drive that YUKON- awesome!!!! Looks like a fun, fun trip- it's always nice to go back and it's nice that you get to go back for FREE!! Hope to see you guys again soon!
Post a Comment