Well, it's sad to say, but summer has officially come to a close. I feel like we have been really busy, but yet I still feel like I didn't get to do everything I wanted this summer.
(Robert on his last first day of school)
Robert started back to school this past week. He is entering his third and final year of law school, for those that are counting. Then he takes the bar exam! I can't believe we are nearing the end. It's weird to think he will be finished with his education and entering the work force soon. I'm going to miss being apart of a school (even if it was vicarious for the last two or so years). So, this brings us to the close of summer and a need for a recap of events not previously mentioned in any posts already.
Play ball!

What is summer, without some baseball? We have enjoyed living so close to a Major League baseball team and watching the Rays play over the course of their season.
One added benefit to enjoying free games is getting to enjoy some free concerts as well. The Rays put on a summer concert series after some of their home games.
One of the my favorite ones that we have gone to so far has been the Goo Goo Dolls.

We have also enjoyed trying out some of the neat restaurants downtown. The Z-Grille serves some of the best deviled eggs I have ever tasted (sorry mom!) and this delectable dish that consists of fried chicken breasts atop a grilled waffle over a splatter of chipotle grits and then topped off with syrup.
Let's go Rays!

Summer fun must include a BBQ or two with friends.

Our friends John and Kristin hosted a fun night out for all the Stetson students that were still in the area over the break.


Robert continued to work hard this summer working as an intern for Minor League Baseball.

In order to really experience the summertime, you must get caught in the rain at least once.
And, well I guess you have to go to the beach as well.
Oh, how I love the summertime. Now to gear up for fall, in the meantime, I may try to squeeze in a little more fun in the sun.

1 comment:
What do you mean summer's over? The summer never ends in Florida right? So jealous that you're so close to the beach- right now I could use a beach do nothing trip!
Post a Comment