Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend Festivities

I love that the Atlanta Temple is closed for re-modeling because I keep getting friends from GA coming down to get married in the Orlando Temple instead. As a result, I get to be a part of all of their special days. This past weekend, we went to my friend Amy's wedding. We have known each since we were tiny little kiddos getting in trouble in Primary together. It was a beautiful and warm day outside and the rain held off just enough for everyone to settle in at the luncheon.

Some of the original GA group! It was great seeing everyone and catching up. After the luncheon and sending the bride and groom off for their cruise, Robert and I decided to spend the rest of our day at Epcot. Luckily it had rained a ton and continued to rain on us while we were at the park, so it wasn't that crowded. Luckily, we brought our ponchos! It ended up clearing up after 7pm, so we were able to see the firework show and walk around to all the countries.
The rest of the weekend was great. We got caught up on some movies like Dear John and Invictus, played tennis, went to the pool, and attended a church picnic where our girls held a bake sale for Girls Camp. We raised a good amount of money for camp, which is less than a month away!

4 comments:

Kaydee said...

Jo I love your red shoes!!! Super cute! Miss you girl!

Lori said...

Did you like Dear John? I loved the movie and they did change it from the book ending which was surprising but I liked it better.

Jeff said...

Fun to see everyone and how they look now. They all look great. All these "youngins" getting married. When did everyone grow up?!?! ;-)

Jenny said...

FUN! Fun that you got to see everyone and the wedding looked beautiful! You look beautiful too! Love that dress on you!