Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Robert!

Robert's brithday was on October 2nd, and we had a fun time celebrating it. His birthday this year hit on a Friday, so I decided to surprise him with a fun filled day at Busch Gardens! I love surprises! I woke him up with a big box wrapped with shiny blue wrapping paper and watched eagerly as he tore it open to find two little tickets to Busch Gardens. He was so excited! I had to persuade him to still go to his early morning class, but promised I would pick him up right afterward. As soon as class got out, we hit the road for Tampa. In less than 45 minutes, we were outside the park ready to start our fun adventure.

It was the perfect day! Now that tourist season is over, and it being a weekday, we practically had the park to ourselves! We were totally spoiled. We were able to ride in the front of every ride. The longest line we waited in probably lasted 15 minutes tops. We got to the park at 11:30 and we were ready to leave by 5 because we had done everything there was to do!

This was my favorite rollercoaster of the day. It is called the Shriekra because the first drop is completely vertical. We definitely rode in the front on this one, and I was not prepared to be stopped right there where those people are in the picture for like 30 seconds. You had no idea when it was going to finally drop you! I loved it! It was so exhilerating to be on a rollar coaster and free fall at the same time.

Busch Gardens is not just about rollercoasters, but it has a zoo in the park as well. We were able to get up close to lots of animals. Which is perfect because if you know anything about Robert, it is that he loves animals. Hence why Busch Gardens made for the perfect gift!

Florida lawn ornaments...

A tree top jungle gym.

I had to get a picture of the hippo. I think they are fascinating.


Umm...this horse is huge! I look like a midget. This was one of Robert's favorite exhibits, he loved petting Bud the Clydesdale.


Haha, I love this picture, isn't he cute? I love meerkats. They are so funny to watch.

Best birthday cake ever! It was perfect size, we weren't stuck with a bunch of left overs and these cookies are to die for. They are Robert's and mine favorite! We are glad we live so close now to a Great American Cookie shop.


Happy Birthday Rob! I love you!

4 comments:

Jeff said...

23 you young buck!! Happy Birthday and great pics. Laura and I go to six flags with our season passes and friday nights are the times there are no lines ... I can't go and wait in lines now I'm too spoiled. Great gift idea.

Kaydee said...

Happy Birthday Rob!!! What a fun day you guys had. Good surprise indeed! I love the cookies they look amazing!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Wow, 23! hope you had a good day! what fun you all had. Happy late birthday!

Jenny said...

Great singing Jo!! Happy Birthday Robert way late- I hope you get our present soon! Robert and his animals- oh, how sweet!! Glad y'all had fun at Busch Gardens- the no lines sounds awesome!