Monday, September 21, 2009

An Unwanted Visitor

On Friday evening after JoAnna left for Utah, I looked out the window and saw this unbelievable sight. It was a tornado in the Gulf of Mexico. I would guess that it was a few miles offshore, but I am not positive. It hung around for about 10 minutes strictly in the Gulf, and then it headed further offshore. It was nice to see such a powerful force of nature from a safe distance.



It was bit scary at first. However, I quickly realized that the storm was headed further off the coast.


As you can see, it was more than just a water spout!


The size of it surprised me the most.

4 comments:

Alex (and Trevor!) said...

Uhhhmmmm.... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!! Geeze. Those things are scary. Does your town have tornado sirens??

Laura said...

Whoa....cool picture and scary at the same time! Reminds me of when I lived in Kansas. I didn't think you would see one of those in Florida! :)

Jeff said...

That is soooo cool ... I've always wanted to see one live.

Jenny said...

Wow- amazing picture- can we say SCARY? I would be freaking out!! Glad y'all are safe!