Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend At Lake Chatuge

We decided to drive up to North Georgia for Labor Day and spend the weekend with Robert's parents and the Jones family at the Jones' lake house in Hiawassee, GA at Lake Chatuge. It was well worth the drive. It was so nice to spend time relaxing and having fun with family and friends.

We spent a lot of time out on the boat having fun! My favorite part of the weekend was jet skiing, so I was sad when the jet ski broke down and we had to take it into the shop. Oh well, that's how jet ski's go right? At least we were still able to have fun tubing and boating. Tubing was probably Robert's favorite part of the weekend. He went on a lot of runs. I think he paid for it later because he was super sore the next day.

The following day, the boys plus Hayley and I went out fishing. I did not fish, I just managed the boat, so we did not drift too close to shore. Everyone else seemed to have a really fun time fishing though because they fished for hours.

Here are the guys getting ready and geared up to start the fishing day.

Let's just say as a whole they caught a lot of fish. Some had better luck that others...


Spencer caught the biggest one of the day, the smallest one, and had the fastest catch ever. It was crazy because he literally casted out and then caught it in like 3 seconds.

Chris and Charlie caught their share of fish. It was a tight race between Spencer and Chris for most fish caught. I think Chris beat him out though on that one.

Hayley showed off her fishing skills as well. It was a race between her and Robert to see who could catch one first. Hayley won. Poor Rob, we were thinking he was never going to catch one.

Well he finally did and he loved every minute of it!

He ended up catching a couple more that day.

The boys took some time out from fishing and took a few turns on the rope swing. Spencer is in the picture above and Robert is in the video below.



The parentals
Charlie, Beth, Teri, and Chris

The boys and their girls.
Hayley, Spencer, JoAnna, and Robert

I hated to see the weekend end. It was hard to leave the lake, but I am glad to be back in the South and spending weekends at the lake. I felt right at home.

4 comments:

Kaydee said...

Looks like a super fun time at the lake!!! You guys are having way too much fun!! We are just too depressed that you left us to have any fun anymore haha jk we love you guys and miss you like crazy!

Jenny said...

FUN- glad y'all got to get away!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Glad you had a awesome labor day!

Lori said...

Fun pictures from your labor day weekend...enjoyed reading your blog and great pictures of your fish Robert!! Love, Mama T