Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Things We Have Been Up To Lately...

This post is a compilation of some random events that seemed to fit better in one large post instead of separately. So you may ask, what have the Fountain's been doing besides moving in and Robert going to law school? Well here you have it...

Of course, we have spent a day at the beach! We took a day off to relax from the move and just play. It was nice and relaxing to just listen to the waves of the ocean.

I am still trying to work on my Florida tan.

We were also able to welcome some more visitors to our new place. This osprey happened to perch right on our balcony. These birds are beautiful and quite large (wing span of up to 6 ft). They are in the sea hawk family.

One Saturday, we took time to go down to the St. Petersburg Pier.

We ate at a restaurant called Cha Cha Coconuts where we enjoyed a nice lunch outside on the pier. Robert probably enjoyed it more because you got to shoot birds with "Bird Be Gone" aka water. It was actually pretty funny to watch these scavenging birds try to get food before people squirted them.

Hello Mr. Nice Pelican. We were able to walk right up to them. I cannot believe how calm they were. I kept waiting for them to snap at us, but they never did. Calm little fellows I tell you.

Well, there ended up not being that much to do at the pier, so we just had a great lunch with some sightseeing on the side. At least we gave it a try. It is kind of funny being a tourist in the place you live. Store clerks are always asking us were we are from, haha! It is funny to respond with, "Well we live here actually."

Of course we have already hit up another baseball game. What do expect when the Boston Red Sox come to town? You cannot pass up that chance. It was our first time seeing Boston play.

It was a really fun game because Boston is leading the Wild Card race and the Rays are trying to contend, so they needed to win but Boston really needed to hold on to the lead, so of course when the game got tight they threw Papelbon! He is one of my favorite pitchers to watch on TV because he is crazy intense! I love it! That was the highlight of the night watching the Rays rally to come back and having Papelbon close it out like he always does. Darn him! I wanted the Rays to win since I am not a Boston fan, but oh well. Maybe tomorrow night the Rays can come through.

As you can see, we are trying to mix a little fun in with the work. I promise I will have apartment pictures once I finish cleaning everything and getting it all organized. Life is going to get crazy here in the next couple of weeks because I start work on the 8th! Finally! Thus, the goal this week is to finally get some office furniture and get my home office ready to go. Wish me luck! In case you have not heard, I am staying with the company I was working with back in Utah, Simplifile, in a new position/role. I was given a new opportunity in a new position upon my departure. Now I will be working from home in a Sales Support role. I am really excited and happy to have a great job. I truly feel blessed.

4 comments:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Thanks for sharing!!! we love you both and miss you!

Kaydee said...

Looks like so much fun!! I want to go to the beach I am so jealous! Miss you guys!!! Jo what is going on with your job??? Hope all is working out keep me posted???

Jeff said...

ha ha fun. We know what you mean. Be a tourist for a while ... we still do touristy things here in Dallas and Ft Worth as there is much to see and we still feel new to the area

Jenny said...

cool animals- you guys are totally living in FL- crazy!