Sorry there will not be any pictures today for a couple of reasons. First, I woke up this morning at 3 AM with severe cramps. I did not get much sleep after that, so our plans to leave early out of Midway around 7 AM did not happen. After spending the entire morning throwing up in the bathroom, I finally decided to brave it and hit the road, so at 9:30 AM we headed out the door. I think I had food poisoning. What a crappy time for that to hit, right? I know! The rest of the day was painful and long, so now you know why I was not quite up to taking any photos. :) Poor Rob had to drive the whole way today because I was unable to sit up straight in order to drive. He rocked it though! Secondly, there was nothing to take a picture of anyways! We made our drive through Wyoming and then Nebraska where we are now currently staying. There is nothing much in those two states but wide open land. To cap off the eventful day we were having, around 8 PM we decided to continue on another hour to the next city of Kearney where we wanted to spend the night. However, we had no idea what we were in for. Out of the blue we hit this terrible severe thunderstorm causing torrential downpour and massive amounts of lightning. We were even lucky enough to follow the storm the whole way to our destination. Sounding fun huh? Well it was exciting, but scary! The news report kept threatening that funnel clouds were forming, quarter size hail, and massive wind gusts up to 60 MPH. It was the classic Nebraska thunderstorm!
Although it sounds like we had one heck of a day, which we did, there were some great moments too, like seeing three rainbows, lots of wild animals, and trying to make the best of being in the center of a severe thunderstorm.
Well that about sums up our day! We drove 780 miles today, which should be our longest leg. YAY! We are in Kearney, Nebraska tonight, and we plan to drive to Kansas City tomorrow. I hope to have pictures for you tomorrow. On a side note, I am starting to feel slightly better and even was able to keep down some dinner. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Good night from Nebraska!
1 comment:
I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! i hope you feel better soon. Sorry you hit that "fun" thunderstorm. How scary! thanks for the updates. Keep them coming!
Post a Comment