Sunday, July 19, 2009

Timpanogos Caves

On Saturday July 18, 2009, Robert and I met up with my mom and Grandma Tolsma to hike to Timpanogos Caves. It was my mom's gift to my grandma for her 79th birthday. This is something that she has been wanting to do for quite some time. Also, it was the first time for Robert and I.

Here we are starting the hike up!

On the way up, we saw some beautiful wildlife.

It is a steep hike, so we had to take a couple of pit stops for rest. My mom and grandma did awesome!

It was a perfect day to hike. Look at the amazing view we had on the whole way up the side of the mountain.

We are halfway there!



Getting closer...it started to get pretty steep towards the end.

We finally made it!

Once we reached the top, we had to get all geared up (wear jackets) to go on our cave tour.

It was a really fun cave to explore. It was really narrow at times.

Cave spaghetti


On the other side! We made it out. Now for the easy part: the hike down. Except that was the part that made us most sore the day after. I guess we are not use to using those muscles that it takes to go down a steep incline.

One last view of the beautiful canyon.

Well she made it! Way to go Grandma!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome! Glad you are getting in the mountains before you head to Florida! I still miss those mountains.

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Way Awesome! Way to go Aunt Nelda! I am happy you all as a family have so much fun together! hope to see the 2 of you at the reunion.

Jeff said...

That is awesome! I'm so glad you did that with Grandma ... I kept trying to do that with her but never planned it. ... hence it never happened. That is so cool!