After we decorated the graves, we decided to head up to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho. We wanted to take my grandpa back to the town where he grew up, so he could visit his brother.
The scenery on the drive up was absolutely breathtaking. It made for a fun road trip.
Once we arrived in Lava Hot Springs, we stopped in to visit with my grandpa's brother Wallace. I think he really had a good time. My mom, Robert, and I left him to chat and catch up with his brother while we went out to have a little bit of fun.
We started with a ride down the river. Although it was not one of the warmest days to float the river, we could not pass it up! I'm not going to lie, the river was freezing! However, we were glad we did it! Here we come!
The river was actually pretty rough for most of the way. We were just happy we didn't fall off our raft! We saw many others who did not have as an enjoyable experience. :)
Well it was time to come back in and we were freezing! I was glad Robert braved it and jumped in to push us ashore. Otherwise I think we would have kept floating on down the river. After getting out of the cold river, we decided to warm up by sitting in the natural hot springs with my mom and spent the rest of the afternoon soaking up some sun while relaxing in a natural warm pool.
We did it!
When we were finished relaxing in the hot pools, we came back to their house to get changed and cleaned up so we could go out to dinner. We took them to a little hamburger and shake place downtown. We all had a good time visiting and spending the weekend together. After dinner, we made the long drive back home and had to come back to work.

7 comments:
You have a blog. Please leave me a message if it's okay to add you to my blog list. How fun to keep in touch with all the wonderful things you are doing in your life.
You can definitely add it to your blog list. Thank you for asking.
I am glad your grandpa and his brother got to spend time together and you all as a family got to clean up and visit the graves of your relatives and that you had fun.
Well if we'd have known you were up there we could've hung out! We went to the hot pots that night too. Fun isn't it??
I can't believe that! What are the odds. I am surprised in such a small town, we didn't cross paths.
How nice of you to go along with your mom and take your grandpa to see his brother. I remember your mom saying she wanted to do that. You're a good daughter Jo!!
I bet Grandpa had a great time! Yipee! That river looked freezing- you guys are so brave~
Post a Comment