Saturday, April 20, 2013

Spring Weekend

My good friend from high school was getting married the first weekend in April up in Georgia, so we decided it would be a great opportunity to visit family and friends with Annabelle for the first time. As such, we took Annabelle on her first plane flight! She was a perfect little travel buddy, didn't even make a peep the whole flight. I thought all was going well until we landed in Atlanta. We waited, and waited, and waited for her car seat bag to come up. After an hour of waiting and numerous texting back and forth with my brother, who patiently waited outside for us to come out, we decided the bag was never going to come up. We had to get a loaner and head home empty handed. We packed all her clothes in the bag, so we had a fun time wearing this little outfit for 24 hours until we FINALLY received our luggage/car seat.

Luckily, we were with good company, which helped keep our mind off the stress. They even shared some therapy food with us, aka Oreos and milk. 
Kayla taught me how to properly eat Oreos with milk. This is the classy form. A fork sure is the cleaner way to go. 

I also exercised the frustration out with Kayla and her bestie Sabrina. We loved getting our dance party on. :) Unfortunately, other people had to witness our shenanigans. They were good sports though and didn't laugh too much.

Speaking of girl fun, I got to see both of my best friends in one weekend. It was great timing! 
I first saw Kitty and her little boy Miles. I can't believe we both have babies now.  
This is our baby swap for the afternoon. 

Then I got to go see Ms. Jenny Shular and her family at the wedding. I loved catching up with the Shulars, we had a great time celebrating our friend Caty's wedding day. 
Sadly, I didn't snag a picture of me with the bride, but she looked beautiful!
Mr. & Mrs. Womack:
We had a great night enjoying all the wedding festivities and celebrating the wonderful couple. I'm glad we've stayed friends all these years.

Meanwhile, back in town, we spent the rest of the weekend with my brother's family. We went out to dinner with Jason and Lori to Ted's Montana Grill, then we came home and went bowling with the family. 

On our lane: 
1. Kayla 
2. Sabrina
3. Robert
4. JoAnna

It was my first time bowling since Annabelle and I almost beat Robert! It would have been my first time, but per my usual I choked at the very end! UGH! Such a disappointment.
However, these girls cheered me up.

Our last full day was spent enjoying the beautiful spring weather by riding bikes, playing croquet, and going on a golf cart ride through town. It was Annabelle's first golf cart ride. It moved, so naturally she liked it.
I'm not looking too hot here, but I did ride Kayla's bike for a few...not as easy as I thought it would be. It was a big hill and I was not dressed for bike riding. 
 We also played board games like Ticket to Ride, I Spy (with Kaden), and Life. However, we all decided to abandon the game of Life (ha!) when Robert happened to draw the $100,000 salary. He was not happy that we left him. He kept trying to play for everyone, but eventually gave up.

We like to call Kayla, Annabelle's unofficial Aunt. :) 
 We had a wonderful weekend and wish we could have had more time! We sure do miss Georgia. After all the fun, we headed out on an early flight home Monday morning. Again, she traveled so well and we were so thankful our car seat made it this time! 

3 comments:

Jeff said...

This was so fun to read and see all the GA stuff ... sometimes I keep thinking "I wonder if I should move back to PTC and enjoy that golf cart lifestyle again. ;-)"

Oreos with a fork?!?! ;-)

Laura said...

Fun trip! I love all the pictures. Everyone looks great!

Kitty Kidd said...

I love being a mommy with you!!!! I hope we get to see each other again soon!!!!