Monday, July 9, 2012

After Europe

After Europe, Robert started doing lots of this...

To escape the study boredom, I flew to Utah for another work trip. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures this time.  

After getting home from Utah and just as I was settling back into a routine, I packed my bags again and headed to Texas to cover an event for a co-worker. Although I was sad that I was not going to be able to see my brother because he no longer lives in Texas, I still managed to fit in some fun during and after the exhibit showcase:

Like touring the Dallas Cowboys Stadium (don't judge, that was part of the work day). 
The Cowboys even made an appearance for a little practice session.
The stadium was impressive. Even though I had seen pictures and heard people talk about how big and grand everything was, it doesn't really hit you until you walk in and see it all for yourself. I really had a great time.
 After work, I opted to eat a hot dog for dinner at the ballpark of course! Just my luck, the Rangers were in town. 


When I came home, Robert still looked like this:
But the weather changed to this:
Let's all welcome Debby! Boating anyone?
 All in all the storm wasn't that bad, even though a tornado touched down dangerously close to our place one night. However, we received lots of rain and became flooded in. This is the bay that surged into our our street and surrounding area. 
 Even though, Robert studies, studies, and studies, we fit in one Rays game!  
 Did I mention he studies a lot? I'm proud of him though because I honestly couldn't do it. Everyday he wakes up and hits the books and starts over again the next day. Only a few weeks left now until it's TEST TIME! I'm happy and nervous for it. Happy it will be over and nervous that it came so soon for him, I hope he's ready.

In other news, for the past few months Robert has been working really hard with a local guy in our branch at church to get ready to serve his mission. This past Saturday, we received his call in the mail!
 Following church, everyone from the branch gathered together to open Thaddeus' mission call. Robert has been doing a lot of work to help Thaddeus out by taking him to his doctor appointments, preparing his papers, etc., so this was an exciting moment and we decided to celebrate with cake and ice cream!
We're so excited to announce that Elder Alls will be serving 2 years for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Los Angeles, CA mission. Best of luck! 

3 comments:

Kaydee said...

That is so awesome about the mission call, I remember talking about this and hoping everything would work out!!! Congrats to him and all your hard work, I am sure he will do an AWESOME job!!!

Michelle said...

I remember Tyson looking like that while studying for the bar, such a nerve racking experience, so much pressure for them. He will do great! Good luck!

*Janae* said...

My mom and dad go to the ward right by the LA temple! I will let them know about him and if he is in their ward, I will tell them to be extra nice to him! When does he report?