We decided since we didn't have any big plans arranged for New Year's Eve we would take the opportunity to go out and celebrate Robert's new job by eating at a highly recommended restaurant in Tampa called Bern's Steakhouse.
First, when going out on New Year's Eve and to a nice restaurant you have to dress up a little.
Here are the outfits:
A touch of sparkle is needed to ring in the New Year.
Robert looked dashing in his new dress jacket and shirt, but we didn't realize his shirt was a cuff link only shirt. We had to do some last minute "repair."
Yes, that is a safety pin. No worries though, we still had a great night and no one noticed.
Welcome to Bern's Steakhouse.
This is the actual tint of the entrance to the restaurant. It felt like we had entered a haunted mansion. We loved it! It was unlike any restaurant I have ever been too.
Dinner is served.
Dig in!
We ate dinner until it was officially 2012. Our dinner reservation was for 10, so that's about a 2 hour dinner, and we were not finished yet!
We headed up the stairs to the dessert parlor separate from the main dining area.
This was probably my favorite part of the whole experience.
Decisions, decisions...
Since I was freezing, I settled on some hot chocolate. Robert and I split a most pleasant banana cream pie. Best I have ever had!
I loved the dessert floor because each table was enclosed, so you had a private dining experience where you could control what music you listened to. They had a live pianist playing and you could call into his line to request songs.
Two hours later, so full...but so good.
And that's how we spent our New Year's Evening, eating for four hours! We finally left the restaurant at 2:00 am.
2 comments:
Wow- what a night you two crazy lovebirds! Looking chic & sparkly Jo- and Robert nice safety pin. I've seen that look of yours with a plate full of food before! No better way to celebrate the New year than eating your way through the New Year! Way to go!
Love the sparkles Jo!! Glad you guys had a good time!
Post a Comment