Thursday, July 28, 2011

Baby, You're a Firework

I'm a month behind again in the blogging world. I do not know where July went. It seemed to fly by. Watch out, this one is going to be a long one, but for the others, I will try to break it up. Let's start at the beginning of July, shall we?
Which brings us to Seacrest Beach, FL where Mama T and her kids would spend the next week vacationing. Here's the beach house we all stayed in, don't be deceived, it might not look like much from the outside, but inside held 3 layers of fun!

Welcome to the fun house, where the party is just starting:
The beach house turned out perfect, everyone had their own room and we were right by the beach. Not to mention, it was located in this beautiful town, Rosemary, that I instantly fell in love with. It was a beautiful town with breathtaking homes and lots of charm.

So to kick things off, we hit the beach.
Where we built sandcastles and relaxed by the water's edge catching some sun.
And of course we enjoyed some water sports as well. Nice form Rob!
There was even time to squeeze in some family photos. Let's try that again, we squeezed in two sessions of family photos. Our first night, the photographer was late and it stormed, so we got to dress up again and headed back out to the beach the next night for session number 2.
Lots of picture taking...places everyone, places.
Grandma and the chitlins. So cute!
Well, by the end the kids had had enough and couldn't resist the water any longer, so they all took the plunge right in their outfits.
What's the beach in Florida without an "orange bowl?" Robert came up with this fun idea of beach bowling. It was a hit!
We played boys vs girls and I believe the girls won. To our surprise, the oranges survived the adventure and were still good to eat.
We even found some time for some light bike riding. It was the highlight of the trip for me. I love riding bikes, especially at the beach with the gulf in view.
My mom and sister even tried out the tandem bike. Teamwork!
Off we go, it felt like we were kids again. We were one huge bike gang.
We ditched them after hours in the dark of the night after a long day of riding.

We also caught some little critters. Robert loved catching the crabs and showing them off to the kids.
With all the fun we were having, we couldn't stop there, so we added more and celebrated two fabulous dudes' birthdays, Jason & Keaton.
They are quite the pair, father and son.

How many candles are on that cake?
Happy Birthday! Keaton turned 8 and well Jason, he turned...
What does everyone do after dessert and birthday celebrations? Well, continue on with a man show of course.

Look at these...um...handsome, strong, and super tough guys?
Bow chicka wow wow
Nice, I like the one on the left personally.

Time for us to celebrate the 4th of July.
Here we are getting ready to spend the night out on the town.
Everyone loves the 4th of July! What could be better?
Well, I will tell you...
Silly boys.
And matching t-shirts. Oh yes, we did. Mama T made us do it. We pulled the all matching family t-shirts. I believe we pulled it off in style??!?
Listening to live music out on the lawn.
Well, we all had matching t-shirts, except for Kayla. This pretty much sums up our family dynamics. I love this picture.
No, this is not a family team huddle. Lighting sparklers on the beach is harder than you think.
But don't hold your breath too long because it's going to be okay, we got them to light!
And we partied the night away.
This was just preparation for the real show:
I love 4th of July. It is truly one of my favorite holidays because I love honoring this great country. (cue music) I am proud to be an American, where at least I know I am free and I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me, so I proudly stand up...Who stood up? :)
Yes, I am in a silly mood, but I can't help it, really. Look at the people I have to live with?
Crazies.
Before returning home, we (the boys and I) went out early in the morning, so as not to die of a heat stroke, to play some tennis. It was a fun morning and a great way to cap off the trip before Robert and I had to leave our dear family behind to suffer through more relaxation, mini golf, days out at the beach, and great food while we had to hurry home for work!
Let's do it again soon!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh yes, I think you were in a silly mood!! Love the commentating! Good trip and loved spending time with the family!

Jenny said...

Good re-cap Jo! That was a fun trip!