Friday, June 17, 2011

Hit the Ground Running

When we returned home from Europe, we truly hit the ground running. Vacation was over and now we were back to the real world with a to-do list, work to go back to and catch up on, and things to organize.
Here are some things that happened just before leaving, as well as, what we have been up to and working on since coming home.

First things first, Robert completed his second year of law school. That's right folks, only one more year to go and he will officially be a lawyer (that's after he passes the bar of course). This last semester was Robert's best of all! He made the Dean's list for the first time (that means he was in the top 10% of his class of second years this semester). He did well on all his exams and we are very happy with his accomplishment. For summer break, he will continue working at Minor League Baseball as full-time employee until school starts back up again. He is still loving his role and the experience he is gaining at MiLB.
Before ending the semester his basketball team won the basketball intramural championship, not to mention he won the second tennis tournament as well.
Here is the championship team:
But honestly, where would they be without us ladies?

As for me, I have been staying busy with work. I have even had the opportunity to represent Simplifile, the company I work for, at a few trade shows. I attended two just before traveling to Europe. Seriously, I was in Grand Rapids, Michigan two days before leaving the country. It was a lot of fun and a great experience. I even ran into an elementary school friend at a show I covered in Orlando. Talk about a small world!
I think we planned our Europe vacation perfectly because that first weekend of being home was Memorial Day weekend. We both needed an extra day off to re-coup and catch up on things like grocery shopping, unpacking, etc.

We also found time to squeeze in a little fun like a having a sleepover on the porch under the stars.
We didn't last too long though. There's just something about your own bed and Robert was grumpy so we went in. He's not quite the camping type.
But this camping girl sure knows how to set up the perfect bed made from beach floats.
Shortly thereafter, we celebrated our three-year wedding anniversary.
We kept it low key since we took the cruise in celebration, but you still have to go out. We went out to dinner at Olive Garden and Robert surprised me with a dozen pink roses.
As busy as we have been, we still have had time to squeeze in some beach R&R.
And go to Busch Gardens with our season passes,
where we got to watch a male peacock try and catch the attention of the lady peacocks.
I know it looks like we have been having lots of fun even though I started this post out talking about how busy we have been, but it's true. There always seems to be something that needs to be done even if it may be fun.

Like my church calling, I am over the young women
ages 12-18 and we have been busy making sure they have lots of fun this summer. There are a lot of details to plan, but it always ends up being lots of fun.
We went fishing with some young men and fathers to celebrate Father's Day, where we caught some interesting bottom dwelling items like rusted cans.
Oh, and a catfish too. This was our biggest catch (and only, haha) of the night.
We also took the girls boating.
Here are my two wonderful counselors that I serve with.
Serving as Young Women's President has been a great learning experience for me so far, and I love each one of my girls for their unique talents and spirits that they bring to our group. They are a strength to me and by serving in this calling I have gained a deeper testimony of our Heavenly Father's love and plan for each of us.

Well, we are still enjoying the Florida sun and all the adventures this area has to offer us. Even with all the crazy things to do and catch up on we definitely manage to make sure we squeeze in all the fun we can. Robert's baseball passes have come in handy as we have attended many Minor League and Tampa Bay Rays games. Just this week, we had two of Robert's friends from Jacksonville stay over so they could all go to the Rays game together. What's summer without a few good baseball games to go to?

Well, I guess that about sums it up! I think I am finally all caught up. YEAH!

Hey, what you looking at?
Yes, that's right, we have even had time to host a few extra visitors like Perry the falcon.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Ha ha ha- you had me cracking up a few times in there! Phew- that reminded me of one of my forever long blog posts- I'm glad I'm not the only long winded one in the family!!! :) I loved the sleeping on the balcony idea and Robert's funny, funny face!!! I loved your anniversary pictures- so beautiful and glad you got you some pink roses! You always look so cute! I love all the fun you've been having- living in Florida isn't so bad is it? :)