
It's official, I'm now 25 years old! Last week, we celebrated my big 2-5 (all week long). That's how you're supposed to do it, right?
To kick it off, we went out on my Birthday Eve for dinner and ice cream. Robert said he would eat a sweet treat with me each night during my birthday week. That's big for him since he really doesn't care for sugary, chocolate covered delicious items like I do. Can you tell?
On my actual birthday, I stayed home and worked of course. However, Robert had a little surprise for me. He made this card for me...

So, for lunch we hit the beach.


Where I enjoyed my second dessert for the week, Key Lime Pie. Yum! Did I mention it was an absolutely gorgeous day out? That was one of the best presents I received.

It was nice to actually have Robert home on my birthday. Wednesday's are usually his late nights at school. I'm a lucky girl!

After I finished work for the day, we hit the tennis court, came home, and then got ready to officially commemorate my birthday by blowing out the candles on dessert number 3, Texas sheet cake, which I made for myself. Following that, I got to open all my cards and presents.
A few presents to highlight:
Lots of money for shopping trips and of course for our trip to Europe
Books from my sister
Movies Mulan (from Sherri) and Tangled (from Jeff & Laura)
Kitchen serving set from Shular
Jewelry and tulips from Robert

The party didn't stop there...
At Young Women's the following night, my counselors and girls got this cake for me. One of my counselors, Sherri, loves Disney and I told her I enjoyed the movie Mulan a lot, and wanted a copy of it, so she kind of made my birthday a Mulan theme. She is so thoughtful, I can't believe she even remembered that I said that.
Here's dessert number four:


On Friday night, we got together with our group of friends for some corn hole playin',

front porch sittin',

dinner and talkin',

and some game playin'.

We love hanging out with our group of friends that we have made through Stetson.

And Spring Break season has finally arrived...

To cap off the entire week of celebrating my birthday, I got to enjoy some fun in the sun with my best friend from high school who was in the FL area for a wedding.

It was a fabulous birthday spent with some fabulous people, and I hope this year continues to be a great one.
6 comments:
Sounds like a fabulous, yummy birthday!
Wow! I want some desserts!! Happy Birthday Jo!! Tulips...love tulips and the card from Robert!! That was too funny!
You look so cute Jo- love your hair- you're beaming!! i can tell that you LOVE your birthday- so glad you had a good one! Hope you enjoy the books! :) Love Robert's card- so funny- what a sweet guy to take the day off! It reminds me of Ben! :)Glad we found guys who like to spoil us rotten! I hope you are going to make texas sheetcake for the beach trip- mmm- I'm craving some!!!
Glad you had a fabulous birthday! You and i will/are both going to be "Over the hill!" this year. My birthday i will be turning the BIG 3-0! So after my birthday we can compare notes. HA! HA! HA!
I am so glad you had an awesome b-day, you deserve it! Sounds like you were totally spoiled, which is how it should be. I love your hair in these pictures by the way. Happy Birthday!
You guys look great! 25, wow! I know I"m late on this post but what a day!?!? Nice. Good job Robert and Jo I second Jenny, you look great and happy!
Post a Comment