Friday, December 4, 2009

Jenny and Tyler's Visit to Florida

Here comes Tyler off the plane all packed and ready to come stay with us! Isn't his little suitcase adorable? It is so funny! He took his traveling toy bag with him every where we went.

One of the first days they were here, we went to visit the pier in downtown St. Petersburg. It was cold the first two days they were here, but it eventually warmed right back up into the 70's the remaining days of their stay. Thank goodness it warmed up because I didn't know what to do with myself anymore. I do not "do" cold weather anymore. That is why I am in Florida. I have had enough! So unfortunately, on this particular day, I had to bust out my jacket for the first time this season. It was sad. Although, on a happy note, I love this jacket, so it wasn't too much of a sacrifice! I know all my friends out there in cold climates are just hating this, but what can I say, come visit me! :)

We got to see lots of pelicans and some cool fish that the fishermen were catching.

Tyler loved the water and looking out at all the boats. At lunch, Jenny and Tyler got to see their first wild dolphin sighting here in Florida. We ate lunch at a Columbian restaurant above the water. It was a beautiful setting and it reminded us of being on a cruise again. Even though it was cold, it turned out to be a successful and fun first day.


My sister, Jenny decided to bring us a house warming gift, a ballon animal/sword making kit. Let's just say, it was the hit of the week. We are all now experts on making ballon animals, so if law school doesn't work out, we are going into the animal/sword ballon making field. It was one of Tyler's favorite things to do with uncle Robbie.
Due to finals approaching, Robert didn't really have anytime to go out with us, so when we would get home Tyler would run up to Robert and say "play swords." I think by that time he had had enough of playing with girls all day and needed some one on one male interaction fighting, and such. Who knows? Boys...

We ventured out to the beach the following day. It was beautiful and so relaxing. I could stay all day on the beach.

We collected lots of seashells to throw into the water.

Tyler would also throw lots of sand at the water and anyone who got near him. This is a look of I am about to throw this at you, so you better get moving!

Oh how he loved the water. If Jenny would have been in her bathing suit, Tyler would have spent the whole day swimming in the water.

He loved the water so much that, well as you can see, he pretty much got soaked! Here lies the evidence. His clothes were so wet that we had to dry them out on the rocks. He remembered this all week. He would keep saying "BYU shirt, dirty." It was his favorite t-shirt, and he got it all wet, how sad.

Which left us with a naked jay-bird just soaking up some rays.

On Saturday night, since Robert's mom and brother were still in town, we went out to dinner with them and then headed out to have a nice friendly little competition on the mini-golf course. Which, may I add, I smoked everyone at. It must of been the good steak I just ate at Outback, or was it the bread? Toss up...

Tyler had a great time playing with us, and he waited patiently for his turn every time.

Yes, I wasn't lying. I told you we played with these all week long. We showed Teri and Austin our new found talent.

We sent them home with some parting gifts.

On Sunday, Robert took Jenny around Stetson to show her the campus. It was a beautiful night, and the first day of our warmer weather!


The next day, we decided to take one last stroll down the beach before their trip ended.

We ate lunch at my new favorite local restaurant Caddy's, which is on the beach. It has good food and an awesome atmosphere with live music.

Our Florida postcard picture with the whole group minus Ben. We were happy to have Jenny and Tyler come, but we were sad Ben couldn't be there as well. It was mainly a girls trip anyways, since Robert was hard at work, studying. So, maybe next time Ben, when it's warmer.
We are not done yet. This was only a wrap up of our local adventures that we accomplished while Jenny and Tyler visited, but a trip to Florida isn't complete until...

you visit Disney World. Luckily, we live close by, so we decided to take Tyler on his first trip to Disney World. After all, he still gets in for free since he is only two years old.

It was a lot of fun riding all the little kid rides. He did awesome. He didn't cry on a single ride. We took him on everything. Even his first little roller coaster and many rides in the dark.

His favorite ride was the Buzz-Lightyear Ride. We rode it three times, so of course it was the one character we had to meet.


Here we are rockin' our sweet glasses at the Mickey's PhilarMagic Show. Surprisingly, he kept his glasses on the whole time. It was hilarious. We had such a wonderful time. It was a day full of fun and magic. What is there not to love about that?

Thanks to Jenny and Tyler for coming to visit us and helping to make our Thanksgiving that much better!

"A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true."

-The End

2 comments:

Ben said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Wish I could have been there. Definitely next time! Thanks for having Jenny and Tyler visit you!

Jeff said...

so fun and neat ... I'm ready to come visit! Loved all the captions and narration Jo! ;-)