Sunday, April 26, 2009

Application submitted

Last week, I submitted my application for an internship position at St. Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa Child Life Department. Most of you may know already, but I graduated from BYU with a major in Marriage, Family, and Human Development in hope of becoming a Child Life Specialist. Child life specialists are trained professionals with expertise in helping children and their families overcome life’s most challenging events. They provide emotional support for families and encourage optimum development of children facing a broad range of challenging experiences, particularly those related to healthcare and hospitalization. Since we about 80% sure we may end up at Stetson for Robert to attend law school, I thought I would apply for the hospital's fall internship program. The application process was very comprehensive, so it took a lot of time and effort to complete. I want to thank Robert for all of his help and others who took the time to write letters of recommendation for me. The internship is the next step I have to complete in order to be able to take my certification exam to become a Child Life Specialist. I will know if I get the internship in June. Hopefully by then, we will know for sure where we are going to be living! If we do end up at Stetson, I hope I get this internship because it will be a great opportunity for me to see if this is the profession I really want to be in. It would be a great learning experience for me and give me a chance to use my degree.

3 comments:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Good luck! my prayers are with both of you! we love you!

Drew, Leah, Saige,Lillie and Kaiya Whitehead said...

Good luck! Isn't this the hardest thing ever, trying to figure out where the heck you'll end up. We're doing the same thing right now and the not knowing where we're going is driving me insane!!! haha You're in our prayers! Can't wait to hear more.

Jenny said...

Good Luck Jo!