Thursday, February 12, 2009

For it is in giving that we receive...

So, everyday I have the same UPS guy, Frank, drop packages off at my work. He is a real nice guy, and we usually make small talk about the weather, BYU sports, his family, the Utah Jazz, etc. Well, Frank always comes by our office before 10 am, so I was surprised to see him for a second time one afternoon around 3 pm without a package to deliver. Interesting I thought...Well Frank came by to ask me if I already had scheduled plans for that night because he has Utah Jazz season tickets and could not use them for the game that night, and he wanted to know if Robert and I wanted his seats! Of course I said yes! He said he thought of everyone on his route who would want his tickets, and he thought of me! How awesome! Only one problem, Robert had a paper to write that night, which was due before midnight. I hurried and called him and told him to write his paper as fast as he could. Lucky for us, the game against the Mavericks did not start until 8:30 pm. Robert finished his paper just in time, and we made it to the game! Frank gave me all 4 tickets, so we tried to invite some friends but no one could come at the last minute. We decided to continue the circle of giving and handed them to a farther and son who were at the ticket booth about to purchase tickets. It was an awesome night! I couldn't believe he came back to my office just to give me Jazz tickets! It seriously made my day. I am glad that there are people out there that show me how to be a kinder and unselfish person. Robert and I had been trying to go to one last Jazz game before we move, but the tickets had been so expensive that we decided it probably wasn't worth the money to go. Just that week we were looking for tickets. It was such a coincidence that we happened to get free tickets! I guess it "pays off" to stick to a budget. We felt so blessed!
This is my favorite Jazz player Paul Milsap taking a free throw.

We had a blast! Thanks Frank for making our night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun! so i read something about u moving? when?

Jana Porter said...

i was so bummed we couldnt go! thanks for the invite though!!! how are you guys?

Jenny said...

AWESOME!! Any more news about law schools?